Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit.
I might put that together but the more I read about Roman the more I want to do the Roman side. Only real issue I have there is to find a custom sized Segmentata or Hamata. I have a 38 sized chest over a gambeson for my 13th century reenacting. My shoulders are also not the most wide. I'm worried if I order a Hamata the shoulder guards will be too wide for me and it wont fit properly. Last thing I wanna do is tailor maille again. Most hamatas i've seen are 50 inch chests and 32 inches long. I am 5 ft 9 at 120 pounds so most of this stuff would be quite big on my smaller frame.
I know where to get the padded subarmalis off of KOA and shoes and tunic off of SOTW. I am a little stuck on what belt to get though as they all look rather similarly priced and looks wise. I plan to use thorsburg trousers with my tunic and stuff as I hate having bare legs. I already have a Gallic A type helm I got my eyes on which is made of tinned bronze. Bit expensive but it looks big enough to fit my rather larger head. Shoes wise I may just go for the ones on SOTW as well as the tunic there. Gladius wise I am saving up for a better quality one from Mark Morrow, if not I may have to cut corners and get the Deepeeka Mainz. Shield wise just gonna have someone else help me with that cause ordering one of those would cost a lot to ship so making it's probably the better option.
I had no clue where to post this as this is the first time I've been here so, if you need to move this topic go ahead and do it.

Messages In This Thread
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit. - by Shawn Sebok - 12-19-2014, 03:53 AM