Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit.
Allright thanks for the links. Realized I can get some of this stuff rather easily. Not sure what shield kit to buy though as I plan to construct my own shield. Hamatas are expensive though I can pretty much forget getting one anytime soon though I'd rather get a custom one though I did find a maker who sold them for around 350 in 6MM, not sure if thats a good buy but could take the opportunity. Probably gonna try to make some stuff myself like the belt mainly as those belts are quite expensive. I still probably am gonna use the HE pants with the rest of my outfit though. Looking around for a group to join though. Think if I did meet more reenactors I could buy some second hand gear. Due to cost constraints I may start out doing barbarian at the moment as I now know where to get their shoes and a shield kit. Only issue I have right now is finding a proper weapon. Probably gonna go for using a spear or axe though cause it's cheaper. Once I get some more roman equipment I can do auxiliary just fine after I get the helm and Hamata as well as Gladius. If not I will just do soft kit for now. Hopefully some of that stuff will be interchangeable so I can do both in the future.

Messages In This Thread
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit. - by Shawn Sebok - 12-13-2014, 06:39 PM