Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illustrations of Sassanid Persian Clibanarii
Quote:Here's a short story about an oven-man. On May 4th, 2014, members of Legio III Cyrenaica readied themselves for the annual May Day parade at Kennebunk, Maine. I was aided into my armor 2 hours prior to the parade's start. Once lined up, we were held-up for another hour. At that point-- after wearing chainmail under a suit of lamellar and scale for 3 hours-- I was suffering from the onset of heat-stroke. It was like being in an oven! Sound familiar?
I can wear this stuff all day in the middle of an Australian summer so long as my head is ventillated and I stay hydrated. It is possible that your helmet was causing the problem and not your armour. If I wear an enclosed helmet then I have trouble with overheating even in winter so it can't be the climate. I have experimented with wearing an enclosed helmet and regular clothing and still have trouble with overheating if I wear it for too long so it can't be the armour.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books

Messages In This Thread
Illustrations of Sassanid Persian Clibanarii - by Dan Howard - 11-21-2014, 08:52 PM