Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conjecture on the T & Y construction
Many recreations are too long in my opinion. Here is to my mind the single best depiction of the T-Y. Note details like the fastenings left out of other vase depictions. (Also note the spear grip which is about 25% of the way from the spear but and should clinch the notion of rear-weighted dorys) If we assume his hand is on his hip, then you can see how short the panel section of the T-Y is. Note that the pteruges don't quite cover the naughty bits, which could admittedly be artistic liscense. Also note that the whole side is covered in large rectangular scales, while the abdomen is not. I am with Dan though in thinking that the flat panels were quite rigid.
[attachment=10904]linovase.jpg[/attachment]

This second image shows the range of motion of the thigh without needing a flexible tube section.

[attachment=10905]interestingpose.JPG[/attachment]

And this is just a very interesting image of a T-Y not worn and shown from the side. Note the many layers like a lorica segmentata.

[attachment=10906]e5th275252ZurichUniversityL54.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Conjecture on the T & Y construction - by PMBardunias - 10-06-2014, 01:37 AM