Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmets, customisation, artistic favors...
Hey, thanks! Great!Wonderfull helm btw (I already saved the first one earlier Smile ). I need angles as an artist btw...So, the more angles and different helmets, the better (they don't even have to be close ups).

So anyone is welcome to contribute :wink:

You are right on modern reconstructions. From all the research I have done, and my own experience, I think I learned where to place modern reconstructions on some imaginary leader of reference...

As for helmet size - it is always a ashocker. I used to collect modern helmets. They are nothing close to being close fitting, and I think that is a part of where our shock comes from. The other part of course being parallels with medieval times, and their comparatively huge helms. I was shocked when I first saw a real corinthian shell. But, same happened with close fitting armor from any era.

Take away the hair, the ears, the beard...our skulls are really not that large (I held many). It is just a perception. So Greeks certainly had the same bodies, just different military ''fashion''.

You gave me valuable info on those matters. I also thought Greeks would take care of most of the usual military equipment problems in pre production, in ordering process - that is why I mentioned looted armor. Certainly many armor pieces came that way. So, if I understood, you would take it to bronzesmith to ''fix it''.

Btw, where can I see that device for greaves you mentioned please? It seems very interesting...

Thanks
Gordan

,,The Greeks did not follow a straight path of military efficiency. They were guided, rather, by culture, especially by the legacy of their past.\'\'

Messages In This Thread
Helmets, customisation, artistic favors... - by Goce - 09-10-2014, 08:08 AM