Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawings and/or pictures of first century buckles
I like the symmetry of the above posted buckle. Based on its size I think it was part from the horse equipment.

Could someone give me more information about Die Armee der Caesaren? Is it possible to download this book or could someone send me a digital version of it via email? How many drawings (or pictures) of first century belt buckles does this book contain and how many drawings does it have altogether? Is this book still usefull for its drawings if you can not read German?

Browsing through the online British Museum catalogue I came across a picture with buckles from Hod Hill you can see in the attachment. Here the link to the webpage. Since these buckles are from Hod Hill, the excavation publications from Hod Hill of the Durden Collection seem interesting to me. Could somebody help me to find these publications?

I already have the article by Grew and Griffiths.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(aka Niels)

Messages In This Thread
Drawings and/or pictures of first century buckles - by Latinitas - 09-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictures/Needed of 1st Century Gladius guard plate Pointer 0 1,211 06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  IN Search of Officer Tunic Pictures or Drawings Pointer 7 1,926 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Roman drawings and pictures Caballo 23 4,378 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs