Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander.
Howard/SPC:
There are times when I really don't want to admit to being an Australian, and many more times when I don't want to admit to coming from the state of Queensland.

I’m an Australian and at present temporarily living in Cairns in the state of Queensland. If you don’t own a ute and a dog bred for pig hunting, you are considered to be extremely strange and not to be trusted. And if you don’t drink booze you must be a café latte poofter. A few months ago a Cairns woman asked me what I did for a living. Now rather than say I work in the film industry, and then have to endure hundreds of questions like have you met such and such a person and what are they like, seeing I am writing a book on the Roman legion I replied I was a historian. What’s that she replied. After giving her a description she replied “what’s the point of that?”

Having travelled around this planet has made me realise that Australian women are really just a man trapped in a woman’s body. They are not feminine by any standards and the ones living in Cairns are as rough as old bags. They may look attractive, but they have no sophistication.

Forget the propaganda about Australians being friendly and giving, Australians are selfish, apathetic and ignorant. I live between Australia and Thailand, and when I am in Thailand, because I know the Thais rate Australians below a cockroach, when asked by a Thai, I tell them I’m a Canadian. Everywhere I go in the world the locals seem to like Canadians.

Ok, must go as I am rewriting the Australian national anthem that better mirrors this nation. It’s called “There’s nothing in my life bigger than booze.”’

Messages In This Thread
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-23-2014, 03:16 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-23-2014, 06:49 AM