Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander.
I don't think you have to be embarrassed to be a Queenslander as it seems to be a growing Australian attitude that if by learning a language that if you can't advance yourself or make a buck out of it then it isn't worth learning. Indonesian, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese seem to be the languages of choice these days. History especially ancient history, older languages like Latin and Ancient Greek also seem to be on a bit of a downward slide in our school curriculums these days as our business leaders and politicians think history and the learning of older classical languages in high schools are irrelevant to our needs as a nation but if people want to understand modern languages and science they would see that Latin and Ancient Greek are useful in the understanding of jargon and terminology to name a few things. What I find offensive is how your local newspaper (owned by a certain famous ex-Australian newspaper mogul known for his sensational headlines) treats the story with its headline criticising the initiative to introduce Latin. Confusedad:
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"

Messages In This Thread
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by Michael Kerr - 06-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-23-2014, 03:16 AM
Why I\'m Embarrassed to be a Queenslander. - by antiochus - 06-23-2014, 06:49 AM