Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Century Sent On Missions/Patrols?
Thank you again for all the responses.

I have decided to go with a larger force. The problem I was having was that the Optio finds something on an enemy soldier, then subsequently becomes injured and left alone for at least a few minutes. I couldn't envision a solider stooping down to grab something off an enemy while in the middle of combat. So, I needed two confrontations with some sort of break between the two. Originally I had wanted the two events to be fairly close, to give the Optio enough time to pocket the item but not enough time to investigate it or think on it much. But I think I can have him grab the item in an earlier engagement and then he keeps it as a good luck piece. He then gets injured later and is left alone. This fixes the timing and force size issue.

One question (and maybe this needs to be a new topic) is whether or not legionnaires were transferred around much or if they stayed with the same century/cohort for long periods. I know that some cohorts were ranked based on the experience and skill of the soldiers (1st cohort was the elite troops, 7th and 9th typically recruits in training), but does that mean individual soldiers were moved from cohort to cohort as they showed skill, or was the cohort as a whole promoted as it got better? Would a legionnaire start out one one campaign in the back of the group, mostly trying to stay out of the way, then transfer around and be reassigned to other groups/cohorts/legions as he advances? Or does a legionnaire stay in a single century/cohort for his entire career, except if promoted to Centurion or something?

Messages In This Thread
Single Century Sent On Missions/Patrols? - by Tim - 05-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Single Century Sent On Missions/Patrols? - by Tim - 05-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Single Century Sent On Missions/Patrols? - by Tim - 06-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Single Century Sent On Missions/Patrols? - by Tim - 06-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Single Century Sent On Missions/Patrols? - by Tim - 06-10-2014, 03:38 PM