Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Merovingian- Kingdom of Soissons
Carlo,
it does not matter if Draco is of nomadic tribes origin.If it was still in use in 11 century northern europe it is much more likely that they inherited this from the Roman army.Emperor Justinian was born only few years after fall of the west.You really believe that those people forget so quickly on centuries long traditions in just a few decades?This sound similarly to that elementary school simplifying in the style :476 antiquity,477 something completely different. :wink:

I don't believe 477 was something completely different and neither 100 years later it was not.

As for Attic helmets-I never said here or on any other forum,state or galaxy that I absolutely exclude possibility that there might have been some Attic style helmets im late antiquity,I only stated in one particular case of Santa Maria Maggiore mosaics that I believe they are likely inspired by ridge helmets-that is because such small detail like black dots showed on some helmet bowls might be directly linked to what is archelogicaly confirmed and that is Intercisa kind of helmet with eye motif.

Messages In This Thread
More Merovingian- Kingdom of Soissons - by Pavel AMELIANVS - 02-24-2014, 08:17 PM
More Merovingian- Kingdom of Soissons - by Agraes - 03-03-2014, 10:14 PM