Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Thread - Making of my 1st belt :)
In those pictures you can see me drilling out the female stamp, and hammering the rough surfaces down smooth with an extra soldered ring. The actual 'cut-in-half' ring that is used as the male part, is not used for hammering, only use to tell when you have drilled deep enough. It takes time. If you don't drill deep enough, the rough drilled edges, will imprint on your belt plate!!!

Now, preparing the male to meet the female :lol:

In the second picture ( which is the male part of stamp), you get a glimpse of the next serving of frog!

These other pictures show the annealing of the sheet of 10" brass. Cutting it into sections, and stamping them. PLEASE NOTE pre-polish your sheet after the annealing process, but before the stamping, as it's easier using fine sand paper, and a buffing wheel, or steel wool.

In the following pictures, you'll see my new device for helping me to drill the brass ball bearings with great ease! Place, tighten in, drill ( not all the way Tongue ) and take out, do again! SO EASY A CAVEMAN COULD DO IT!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Official Thread - Making of my 1st belt :) - by Fidelis Sam - 05-20-2013, 01:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I\'ve just upladed Robert Norton\'s Belt making instructions Anonymous 0 1,195 09-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Anonymous