Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reconstruction of Gallic G helmet
I am a 50 year old pastor of a small northern Michigan USA church and without a secretary! My work hours are uncountable...

I hear you Robert. I am working on two different impressions. An Officer and an Optio. And at the same time, researching for a book that I am writing with the understanding that the armor doesn't just have to fit you... you have to fit the armor.

My son is a body builder and I worked out with him a few years back. I will be hitting the gym with him again starting next week to do just that... "Fit my Armor" and make the armor and myself compliment one another.

In working on this, I have purchased some armor that is not totally historically accurate, on purpose. When I guest speak to men's and young men's groups, I want them to have a hands on feel by wearing the ones that I am putting together.

My son will be wearing one of the Lorica Segmentata kits for his part in the stage production that we are doing next week. I will post pictures of him when we get them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: reconstruction of Gallic G helmet - by Vindex - 07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
reconstruction of Gallic G helmet - by Patrick - 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Niedermörmter helmet reconstruction Jeffrey Hildebrandt 11 6,515 11-10-2017, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Scipio Severus
  Gallic C, a reconstruction M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER 19 3,804 12-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  New Imperial Gallic D Reconstruction Doc 29 6,797 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Dean Cunningham metalsmit