Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible fragment of Lorica Segmentata?
Quote:On what is the dealer basing his information on? There is no value to the piece now because it has no historical context to tell its story. Where it was found, what was found with it...

It was found in a site where there were known border forts, and thus a known roman military presence, which provides some historical context. The dealer is basing his information from the (he claims trusted) people he acquired it from and has consulted several people about it--not fool proof by any means but it could very well be authentic, and if I find strong reason to believe so then I will accept the gamble, especially knowing that I can return the piece at any time if it turns out to not be what it is claimed to be. I appreciate your opinion and advice and I recognize that it doesn't match up with the known discoveries but I am not going to end the investigation just yet. I am curious for more information, if not for whether or not I keep the piece, but also to understand the history of the period as well.

Messages In This Thread
Possible fragment of Lorica Segmentata? - by Jay - 10-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Possible fragment of Lorica Segmentata? - by james neilson - 10-24-2012, 02:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About the three types of armor Lorica Segmentata? Leoshenlong 2 656 04-21-2021, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Crispianus
  New find of lorica segmentata mcbishop 18 3,386 11-21-2020, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  why lorica segmentata uses very thin hinges? Leoshenlong 3 709 10-27-2020, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Leoshenlong