Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Thread - Making of my 1st belt :)
Hey, well thank you David and Crispvs for your very kind words! I take them to heart and use them to fuel the drive for posting pictures that can actually take a lot of time to take and upload. I owe Crispvs a lot, including the encouragement to start my belt. I know I said I'd have it done by Christmas ( last year) but I am just working non-stop of other things! I will try to get the belt minus the apron finished by then.

I am in fact, working on the pugio frogs right now, sawing away at them a little everyday, and I'll show you pictures of that too. I'll take them right now...

Okay that being done Wink I can show you my master plan! Cutting the piece in half, to get both frogs out of the one piece! I am at no shortage of brass, as I have a metal yard and can get a 6 by 6 inch 1/4 thick brass plate for $15! If anyone wants one haha Wink Old stock you see... as it has been shown already I won't post the picture again, but you will see the design of the frog I'm after!

Also, which may be to your interests, I have bought linen ( 100% linen) and in off white ivory color, for my tunic! More than one is tunica yes? I will have a step by step thread on that. I know a lady who is very persistent to help me on this one as she loves working with fabrics, and I suppose she can guide me while following everyone's advice, and legio xx's. She's very humble and will listen to my specifications! :woot: I'll drive her crazy! "A GARMENT WIDER THAN IT IS LONG? NO SUCH A THING!" haha...

Anyway, so I have sewn 4 out of six of my apron dangilies so far Tongue TWO MORE TO GO! I'll get em done tomorrow, my fingers have been jabbed enough Sick

Anyway, here comes the easy part...

Sam!
p.s sorry for late replies, I'll get around to them asaIcan!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Official Thread - Making of my 1st belt :) - by Fidelis Sam - 10-16-2012, 07:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I\'ve just upladed Robert Norton\'s Belt making instructions Anonymous 0 1,195 09-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Anonymous