Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete Please
Robert Matthew, I will answer the questions you have bellow and add everything else I can think of that is possible to change.

Quote:Can you change how troops are deployed in battle, or the control scheme for directing them?
Recently, it has been possible to create new battle deployments that will be used by the player and AI. But what do you mean by the control scheme for directing them?

Quote:Could you change settings for non-combatants in battle?
No sorry, there never will be non-combatant on the battlefield that can play their proper role unless CA decided to add them in there self, it is no possible through modding.

Quote:Could you introduce or develop the control of logistics, or decide where in the terrain to place (and design) marching camps and permanent fortresses?
Some degree of logistics has been shown throughout all the major Total War mods, and I am planing on getting some help on this too. We can not and will not be able to design our own forts or marching camps, but they can be built on the campaign map like in most Total War games.

Quote:Could you integrate private merchants and lixae into the game?
Private merchants were in Medieval 2, and I hope they return to Rome 2, but I doubt lixae can or will be able to be represented.

Quote:Could you change the appearnece of units in battle, so that soldiers look more individual and different armour types are worn within the same unit?
YES! Finally I have one I can give a firm yes too Tongue It's possible to give the biggest amount of variation to any unit on the field; you can have just a single set of body pieces if you want (one helmet type, one armor, shield, etc) so everyone looks the same, or you can go to the extreme and have 300 variations of shields, helmets, armor, etc so everyone looks different! Although, this would most likely destroy most PCs, so you have to find some where in between.

Some more info for you. Some of the limitation have been announced, which are; unlimited amount of factions, unlimited amount of units, unlimited amount of buildings, unlimited amount of regions on the map. So we can add all the factions we want (although it has not been possibly in the warscape engine to add a faction, but CA or organizing something to help modders out, which sounds great). We can have all the amount of land and naval units we can think of or want, and this is easily accomplished, it's probably the easiest part of modding. Same goes for buildings. But the only other thing is, that the campaign map has been 99% un-changeable in their latest titles, which is a major limitation but were hopping CA will help us there too.

I'll try to list the other major things we can mod; the mechanics and physics of the battlefield, the economics on the campaign map, as well as the movement range of armies on the campaign map, modify the AI on the battlefield and campaign map, all the visuals, graphics and UI. The list is fairly big. It's pretty much everything you can think of, except what is already outside of the game engine. So we can practically just add and modify what is already there, but can't add new stuff in except for a few things on the campaign map which is possible through scripting (few examples are; winter campaign scripts, manpower limits, supply limits, disease, natural disaster, to name a few major ones). I hope that answered your question this time.

Messages In This Thread
Delete Please - by Darcy Jones - 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM
A Call to All Historical Roman Era Enthusiast - by Darcy Jones - 09-25-2012, 05:36 AM