Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrian\'s \"Ektaxis kat\' Alanon\" transl issue
Quote:
Robert Vermaat post=318821 Wrote:The Laurentius MS, damaged as it is, should be the source ...
Realistically, few of us have ready access to any medieval manuscript, especially such a prestigious one.
Its surprising how many libraries have put colour photos of their manuscripts online (the Bibliotheque Nationale du France has a wonderful collection which anyone with an internet connection can use). I think the manuscript is Laurentianus Graecus LV 4 at Florence but I don't know if they have put it online. But if one is not a trained paleographer, as you suggest it might be better and easier to use the Teubner and pay close attention to the notes at the bottom of the page.

My Greek is too limited to participate, and I'm more an antique Persian than a Roman, but I'm following this discussion with interest.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Arrian\'s \"Ektaxis kat\' Alanon\" transl issue - by Sean Manning - 08-24-2012, 02:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartan Hoplite Impression - was "Athenian Hoplite&quot rogue_artist 30 13,960 08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite