Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012
I used to know a guy who was in a Civil War unit that prided itself on making people cry. No shit! These ass clowns, instead of helping some eager new guy who showed up, would criticize him mercilessly until he cried. Yes, cry, that was their goal. I heard these guys joke about it more than once.

Another not-so-cool story was some young kid who'd come out and had a sleeping bag. While he wasn't looking or something, they hid it in a tree, again, the result was causing him to cry. WTF?! These kinds of actions are so ignorant :evil: It just makes us ALL look bad. And these guys (I won't mention the unit) considered themselves the "light" of ACW reenacting.

Again, I will state that I think that we should all, as Roman Reenactors, try to help each other. The neat thing about doing Roman is that none of us really speaks Latin, so it is kind of a nice tool that allows us all to communicate and come together Big Grin
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012 - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 06-14-2012, 06:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVA 2012 66kbm 103 19,529 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Last Post: DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS