Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendants of roman patrician families
So I love Bovinia, what of it ?

May I remind you of the song which was written about you during your Gallic campaign ?

Bravely bold Caesar rode forth from his Roman steed. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Iulius. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Caesar. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Caesar. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...

And you answering : "That's, uh, that's enough music for now, lads... looks like there's dirty work afoot. "

And your Legionaries kept singing :

LEG X: [singing] Brave Iulius ran away...
Caesar: *No!*
LEG X: [singing] bravely ran away away...
Caesar: *I didn't!*
LEG Xl: [singing] When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.
Caesar: *I never did!*
LEG X: [singing] Yes, brave Caesar turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out.
Caesar: *Oh, you liars!*
LEG X: [singing] Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Iulius.

You probably dont even know the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow !

M.VIB.M.

[On another note, and the claims that mr. Bush would be descended from M.Antonius, there are many examples of medieval kings who ordered lineages made which proved that they were descendants of the one they called Christ. [reminds me of that silly story the Iulii always seem to want people to believe about their lineage...]
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Descendants of roman patrician families - by MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did patrician families of Rome used something similar to crests? Corvus 2 1,602 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Corvus
  Footwear and Families at Vindolanda Vindex 3 1,531 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Alanus