Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012
nitĀ·pickĀ·ing (n t p k ng). n. Minute, trivial, unnecessary, and unjustified criticism or faultfinding

The above is the definition from the on line dictionary and whilst I accept the general tenor of your argument I do not accept that nitpicking has any valid place in scholarship or reenactment. Constructive discussion and a sharing of academic thought and research twinned with reconstructive archaeology... yes absolutely Re-enactment has its part to play in that- and if that is achieved with good grace and manners so much the better.

Whilst I accept you are talking in generalisations about large shows that you have attended I do not believe that the Chester Roman Festivals fall into that category. Whilst there may well be the odd exception by far the overwhelming majority of the groups and individuals therin strive and succeed at a good level of accuracy (horrible term as how do you measure it) and the public is very well served and informed.
Marc Byrne

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012 - by Marc Byrne - 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVA 2012 66kbm 103 19,331 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Last Post: DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS