Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012
Now there's a pretty 'arrogant' stance if I may be so bold. Nothing but praise for what you achieve over there but you are missing a few things, crucial to a helicopter view and hence a more objective approach.
You managed to get a substantial number of people and groups together, which is admirable and no doubt witnessed the effect of that; an amalgamation leading to appropriate result. all that is good, it is exactly ehat we all ar e aiming to achieve. Bear in mind thought that Europe is large, it is home to a multitude of groups all set on achieving just what you feel so happy about. The fact that they were not present at your event is nothing to their detriment. They may not have been invited, unable to attend for whatever reason, be it financial or previous engagements, or just anuthing else. This does not make them arrogant in any way, but do proove me wrong.
A ball park guess of the number of Roman troops across Europe leads me to believe that a number of 500-700 is feasable, excluding civilians etc. Hence your 90 % falls short.
We may feel we do a good job at our representations, we may be proud of that, it still doesn't make us nitpickers ( altough I am) nor arrogant. It merely reflects your views upon us as an individual.
As it happened there was a small thing going on at Nijmegen, home of the Xth Legion, where the Xth, XIth, XVth and XXIth attended, along with the Corpus Equitem LXG and the Ala I Batavorum, plus numerous Civilians and traders, plus several late Roman groups. No need to go into numbers really.Hence we were unable to 'not be arrogant', for which I apologise on behalf of all present. Perhaps we can better ourselves on another occasion.
I do however get your point and second you on that wholeheartedly.

Sincerely,

P.Sertorius Scaevola
Aquilifer L.X.G.
Paul Karremans
Chairman and founding member
Member in the Order of Orange-Nassau, awarded for services to Roman Living History in the Netherlands

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gemina.nl">http://www.gemina.nl
est.1987

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why can\'t we all just work together! Deva 2012 - by P Sertorius Scaevola - 06-07-2012, 01:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVA 2012 66kbm 103 19,330 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Last Post: DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS