Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Segmentata waist plate length variations.
Thank you Brian,

I mean as the abdominal section in in both right and left half's, and the legio XX site and other descriptions have led me to believe that either the right or the left half will have plates of a length of 20-1/2" inches, while the conjoining side will around 18-3/4" in length. This is to allow, apparently, the shorter-in-length plates to join over the other side, when tied together. The shorter side has the lacing loops placed close to the edge as to close over, while the longer side of plates have the lacing loops about an inch inside from the edge to allow the other side to come over. Making that solid join.
I suppose you don't need one side to necessarily be longer the other other abdominal half, as long as one side has the lacing loops placed an inch inside from the edge. I am thinking though that this won't have the same effect. This is what I mean, in the diagram the LEFT plate is shorter than the right, with loops close to edge, vise versa. If this isn't correct, accurate, or efficient, hopefully your expertise can help Smile

Sam
Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Segmentata waist plate length variations. - by Fidelis Sam - 12-19-2011, 07:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mainz Gladius Waist Binoy Fernandez 17 3,713 11-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Lorica Segmentata Plate Thickness G. Fitzpatrick 11 5,313 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus
  Top Back Plate Question on Segmentata Grumio 7 2,195 07-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Grumio