Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participate in Experimental Archaeology :-)
It didn´t work out, but thanks to those who supported us! :-)

Something new coming up:
Next year between August 5 and August 26 we will conduct two experiments in a cooperation network between the Europäischer Kulturpark Bliesbruck-Reinheim, Augsburg University and Passau University. I will lead an experiment in which my students will reconstruct a Roman well with a double-cylindre-pump, my colleague from Passau will test a Roman hook-plow based on a find from the Archäologische Staatssammlung München. The well-reconstruction will take place between August 5 and August 19.

Members of RAT (Female or Male, from wherever on the globe) have the possibility to participate in the well reconstruction, I have TWO spots for them. Bring your own tent. If you want to get in touch with our work, this is a great opportunity. You will learn a great deal about methods of experimental archaeology and documentation, as well as Roman wells and digging... ^^ You may but must not wear Roman garb, and must be of full age and have personal insurance.

Last but not least: We are looking for donations again! If you want to support either of the experiments or both, please contact me via PM. Support includes an honorable mention in the publication(s), of course!

Donators from Germany will get a receipt, your donation is tax-deductable :-)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Experimental Archaeology project looking for Donors ^^ - by caiusbeerquitius - 12-17-2011, 07:11 PM