Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating systems: BC and AD, or BCE and CE?
Quote:Which dating system do you prefer? Before Christ and Anno Domini, or Before Common Era and Common Era?

BC and AD, obviously.

The other system is a recent invention of ideologically charged leftist or atheist deconstructivists. Probably because they disagree with the church, religion or whatever, they feel the need to make a label change.

But has anyone ever seen a conservative or any man declining to use "meter" and "kilometer" because the system was introduced by French Revolutionaries who put thousands under the guillotine in the name of "reason"? That would be mighty ridiculous, wouldn't it? But exactly the same thing has been done to the traditional BC/AD convention by deconstructivists.

Next they are going to change USA into the more politically correct USSNA: United States of the southern part of North America.

My proposal: if one does not like a system, don't use it, create your own. But don't twist the term designating the system until you like it. That's political piracy.

Apologies for my strong opinion here. This is all I will say here. :-)
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dating systems: BC and AD, or BCE and CE? - by Eleatic Guest - 10-13-2011, 01:27 PM