Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Roman military hero do you admire most?
Thank you all for your kind comments and suggestions. Big Grin I am going to tally the list. There is a huge amount of information for me to go through. It was a good idea to post here; I have soooooo many ideas now!!

Sardaukar – Crastinus sounds like an interesting subject. I would love to do a centurion. There have been a few centurions suggested. Thanks you, I will read your wiki link!

Jeffery Wyss- Thanks for your input. I am a “Republic” fan, but I would love to learn more. I will look them up.

Hadrianus Afer- I am not very familiar with Julian. I read quite a bit. Can you tell me the name of Vidal’s novel? Thanks!

John Maddox Roberts- Perhaps, Caius Cassius Longinus, could be a tragic sculpture. Similar to Drusus, Gaius and Tiberius Gracchus, and Germanicus; each of them were brave/noble but were brought down in different ways by the political brutality of times that they lived in. Thanks!

PhilusEstilius- I like Vespasian too! I like that he was a soldier’s-soldier and that he tore down Nero’s pleasure palace to make public spaces. Thanks!

Mithras-I understand your point, but I don’t agree with it. I try not judge an ancient civilization by standards of the 21st century. After all, 21st century standards aren’t so great either: war for profit, political strife and assassinations, class warfare, starving disenfranchised laborers. But there were men and women that aspired to be better, just as we have today.

Rick-Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus-That is a great story, maybe depict him leaving in uniform leaving the plow behind, Thanks! Emperor Claudius; he would be harder; I’m not sure how to tell his story in a sculpture.

Q Rutilius-Q Sertorius; the white deer is a very compelling element. Thanks!

I will try to come up with a tally. Yay! :-D

Messages In This Thread
Re: What Roman military hero do you admire most? - by DiAnne Cooper - 10-05-2011, 05:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Hero\'s arklore70 16 3,321 01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Last Post: tlclark
  Gaius Marcius Rutilus - An Early Roman Hero Anonymous 5 2,493 01-23-2002, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Anonymous