Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carrying Helmets
Avete!<br>
<br>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>what kind of rivets did you use to replace the awful screws? I mean metal, not just "good" ones <hr><br>
<br>
I used some of the copper belt rivits used for segmentata construction as well as a couple of brass dome rivits for the brow-guard - since my helm was a fairly early one that had machine screws holding that in place as well.<br>
<br>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>Did you also replace or modify the crossbraces itself? I imagine at Leg.IX you slapped on some black fresh-from-the-forge braces...But I'm curious if I could do a quick and dirty modify with the existing ones. (I was thinking just whacking/rasping the heck out of the intersection, round out the machined edges/notch to make it look purposeful, ya know?)<hr><br>
<br>
<br>
<laughing> Yeah, making new crossbraces was on my list - but then we (The IX HISP and our fratres VI VIC up in LA) agreed to what we call the Gentleman's Agreement - in which each club shifted our respective time periods a small bit... making the Italic G just past our time period.<br>
<br>
Iwas planning on hammering 'em out in the forge, since I had started making a really sweet hardy for the anvil, that would let me make the half-rounds really easily. Ah well<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>LEG IX HSPA - COH III EXPG - CEN I HIB<br>
<br>
- FIDELITAS - - VIRTUS - - MAGNANIMITAS - </p><i></i>
Adam MacDonald

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org">www.legio-ix-hispana.org

Messages In This Thread
carrying Helmets - by Anonymous - 03-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Carrying helmets, etc. - by Matthew Amt - 03-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Re: Carrying helmets, etc. - by scythius - 03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Re: Carrying helmets, etc. - by Anonymous - 03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Re: Carrying helmets, etc. - by Anonymous - 03-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Re: Carrying helmets, etc. - by scythius - 03-08-2004, 11:43 PM
simple, inelegant, ugly....Little, yellow, different. - by Anonymous - 03-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Re: simple, inelegant, ugly....Little, yellow, different. - by scythius - 03-11-2004, 02:31 AM
reassignment of Decanus Scythius - by Anonymous - 03-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Pilum Hassles - by Mithras - 04-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Carrying Strap - by Mithras - 04-22-2004, 06:51 PM