Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The nature of the ban on arms within Rome\'s pomeri
HI! I don't mean to totally interrupt and not know anything useful, but you're talking about things like rules that are impossible to have been set and kept. I'm sure just about everyone carried a concealed dagger around with them, Rome at that time was the pits and mugging was common.Yes, in areas such as the senate they would have been forbidden, surely, but also note, guards if present would have had weapons for protection etc... the senators themselves could have easily brought their weapons in hidden under their togas. Wasn't Caesar stabbed 50 or so times? That's a lot of daggers...!!! Then again, if guards had weapons they would have helped Caesar, unless they were against him too. If the guards were against Caesar, they could have supplied the Conspirators with the daggers easily! Or not bothered fighting against senators and thought best to let him die :-? Then I don't know the names of these specific guards but they carried long poles to act as barriers?
Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The nature of the ban on arms within Rome\'s pomeri - by Fidelis Sam - 07-19-2011, 04:26 AM