Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wax tablet carrying case help
I know that this thread was discussed before and I have sent Martin a PM. However, in the meantime, since I would like to make one for my next presentation in a few weeks, I thought to ask some of you gents.

I have goat leather and cow leather left over from my tegimen and would like to make one of these supposed wax tablet carrying cases or notebook bags (the original thread title). On the thread Martin wrote the following dimemsions: 15 x 11.5 x 5 cm for the piece from Vindonissa. However, Caballo mentioned some scale of 1:2 being present for such an item making it 28cm long and 7cm wide.

So which measurment is correct? Martin's or Caballo's? OR Are the numbers Martin supplied those for the Vindonissa find and Caballo's for Vindolanda?

What leather was originally used or what leather was used for the reconstruction? Goat leather or cow leather?

How thick was the leather of the original and how thick was the leather for the reconstruction?

Thanks
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Messages In This Thread
Wax tablet carrying case help - by Doc - 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Re: Wax tablet carrying case help - by Caballo - 01-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Re: Wax tablet carrying case help - by Doc - 01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Re: Wax tablet carrying case help - by Doc - 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wax tablet carrying pouch Doc 12 2,766 07-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Martin Moser