Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It\'s all Greek to me (Makedonians included) ...
Quote:Which is why this topic is such a slippery-slope. The general population "went along" in the the late thirties of last century as they did in the nineties.

Indeed. And why I did want to confine it to ancient times

Quote:There have been some, how to say, not "altogether Hellenic Greeks" who fought for Greek freedom over the last several hundred years or more. Some of these might be found to have "slavic" roots....

I accept that after the fall of Rome (and even before it) other ethnic groups were starting to permeate the Greek homeland - and that is not to even touch upon the whole period of Ottoman Turkish domination - and therefore the mix currently in Greece will inevitably have quite a varied make-up.

But the situation in FYROM is very different and impinges upon the interests and aspirations of Albanians and Bulgarians - as well as the Greeks themselves.

But as I said - I'd rather keep this to antiquity. I made my own views clear further back.
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: It\'s all Greek to me (Makedonians included) ... - by Ghostmojo - 11-18-2010, 01:27 PM