Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disaster strikes Pompeii... Collapse of several walls
Well gentlemen, if I may interject. The problem is not the rain or the age of the homes that are collapsing. The problem is that in Italy they cannot get their act together. They have completely thrown out their heritage or do not care about it enough to realize their country's contribution. As an adamate Italian, I am truly ashamed and disgusted about what is going on. What else is new? At this rate the whole damn city is going to go further into history.

Just today I read a newspaper where the journalist basically said that the government might as well use a bulldozer and wipe Pompeii and build new housing or a modern city. That what is the use of keeping a monument if NO ONE cares to preserve its beauty and heritage. He then took shots at the mayor in Rome about making a theme park. He said, why not rebuild Pompeii using plastic and various resins. At least it will last since no or low maintenance is required. This again is a shot at the current state of Italy. Lets be serious, shall we? How can a country who is neck deep in problems with a leader who is a clown be expected to keep up with such things. The region which Pompeii finds itself is incapable of removing their own garbage. I read recently that the amount is so overwhelming that they are not sure how long it would take to get rid of it all even if an incinerator was up and operational right now.

My post appears to go off topic but it does not because what we are seeing is a complete decadence of a once great country and its people that continues to lead down this path of negligence and carelessness. I for one am an Italian and seeing this makes me livid.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disaster strikes Pompeii... Collapse of Gladiator school - by Doc - 12-02-2010, 04:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  collapse of the Western empire eugene 4 1,301 07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Chariovalda