Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disaster strikes Pompeii... Collapse of several walls
Personally regarding this thread i think shrugging a little against modern politics is not that bad, whatever the rules.

Fact is, as i have stated multiple times in multiple threads on here, sometimes violently, ridiculous, provocative, sometimes well thought through, that the Italians do not seem to be fit to take care of their and the world's heritage when it comes to the Etruscan, Greek, and Roman legacy.

Time and again it has been proved they are simply not worth it. (and by this i mean consecutive Italian governments dating back to the end of World War Two)

Of course not all Italians are in the same league, a lot of them do care and care a lot about their heritage and monuments.

However if the world (read UN, UNESCO and others) does not act now, in about 70 years from now we will be left with a pile of rubble where once proud monuments stood. The documentary on the demise by nature of the colosseum made it very clear that we (humans, industrial pollution, disregard, money lust)
are the main cause for the destruction.

Then again you could say, but well when Vesuvius erupts again there also will not be much left. True but that is nature...
In this case it is complete disregard and non-caring.

One of my Italian friends told me the money which was meant to be used for conserving those buildings in Pompeii actually was put in a giant car park and visitor centre with shops and restaurants...

Hence my over the top reaction.

If Rome still existed, and i would be consul, they would NOT get away with this. (keep dreaming, yes)

So internationally something will have to be done, and done fast.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disaster strikes Pompeii... Collapse of Gladiator school - by MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 11-09-2010, 02:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  collapse of the Western empire eugene 4 1,306 07-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Chariovalda