Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheer horror... A Trooper helmet collection...
Yes Henk,

That is what I mean. The Marle event was awesome from the pictures I saw. But even there, not every legionary was really up to par either. However, overall the bulk was beautiful to see.

I also agree with you Henk that I too do not understand the use of crappy gear. There is enough DSC and Deepeeka gear that is decent enough for a decent appearence.

That is what really pisses me off (excuse my words but I have not other to explain it at the moment) about the overall reenactment scene in Italy. I know that Luca Bonacini's group does a good job at keeping things as close as possible. However, the rest just go with the "we look cool idea" not we look correct.

What do you expect from people in Italy who sadly have remote feelings about their past. I am not trying to generalize however when I visit that is the feeling I get. When I tell people that I am a private collector of both original and reconstructed pieces, they just look at me and say: Wow nice but why do you do it or what is the incentive? Immediately this sort of question churns my stomach and I degress from answering.

That is actually the problem in Italy, the Romans were a fanciful past. Period.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Messages In This Thread
Re: Sheer horror... A Trooper helmet collection... - by Doc - 10-26-2010, 08:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commercial about a new horror movie jkaler48 8 1,841 07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius