Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Roman Historical Interests
Quote:Hi friends,
Well I am also interested in the American civil war and I am going to reenact the Union infantryman from 26th Visconsin infantry volunteers regiment.... Now, I am the member of CACWA (Czech civil war asociation) and I purchase the equipment for my impresion :-) ) I will be abble to post some photos in the few monts, I hope....

Radka,
As a long-serving (12+ years) member of the 15th Massachusetts and 4th Alabama Infantry, welcome to ACW reenacting. If you, or any RAT member needs assistance with historical research or selecting gear please feel free to contact me. We are approaching the 150th anniversary cycle of events and we anticipate a large attendance at the major events. My Regiment regularly attends Antiietam, Cedar Creek, and Gettysburg. In fact, some of our troops from the Confederate side are sleeping in Pitzer's Woods and giving drill demonstrations to the public at Gettysburg this weekend. I wish I could be with them, but Rome beckons.
If anyone from Europe is planning to come over for an event, let me know and I will try to hook you up with anyone from our Brigade who might be going. It is much better to go with an established unit so you get a prime location in the lines. At the 145th Anteitam I got to serve as color-guard for our Regimental Flag in the Battle of the Cornfield. The original 15th Mass. had made the deepest assault into the West Woods so we got to carry our flag in the third wave. There were nearly 150 cannons and the smoke hung over the battlefield all morning. It was the most intense "period rush" I've ever experienced. Since the 15th was at the Copse of Trees at Gettysburg we usually get to be at the center of things there as well.
Regards,
Randi/Clodius
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by Astiryu1 - 08-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by Phaichtos - 08-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by Virilis - 08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by Jvrjenivs - 08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by P. Clodius Secundus - 08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by A_Volpe - 08-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by Ceannt - 08-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by eugene - 10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Re: Non-Roman Historical Interests - by Crispvs - 10-18-2010, 05:10 PM