Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did only Centurions wear medals?
Quote:You may be dead right there! Nonetheless you do not appear to like the re-constructions of the Centurion Facilis kit in the Ancient Warfare Special because they do not adhere to the re-enactment conventions. However as there are in total four re-constructions of Facilis in my article alone, would you care to be more specific? :wink:

Graham.

Yes Graham i will... Tongue

I am not convinced at all the material used for the reconstruction was correct. Imho mail would be the only military sane/valid armour for what we see on the centurios tombstone. Unless it was a dress item, the garment with the long shoulder doublings was either a hamata wrongly depicted by the stone mason, or a hamata of a type we do not know yet.

The protection the reconstruction as depicted in AWM would give on the field of battle comes nowhere near the protection an iron hamata would give,...

Just my two denarii... Tongue

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Messages In This Thread
Did only Centurions wear medals? - by Ron Andrea - 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Re: Did only Centurions wear medals? - by MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centurions and Musculata: Did they wear this? Doc 0 1,054 08-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Doc