Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Combat during the Trojan War
I have been Training for almost 2 years now in this style(though with cobbled together, inaccurate weaponry and shields). So you do know a person that is training somewhat in Bronze Age techniques! :wink:

Throwing a Javelin- by Craig Bellofatto

I have noticed that the classical pose with the shield raised actually helps with throwing. Here are my findings-
1. The pose opens up the chest for maximum motion capabilities.
2. The natural drop of the shield as you throw adds momentum.
3.The shield lowers naturally into the defensive position required.

pointers-

-A good left foot forward, right hand throw is best(reverse for southpaws/lefties). This adds the opposite and equal reaction in the body for maximum efficiency of the throw.( works also in unarmed techniques like kicking and punching )
-Drawing strength from (in order) your feet,knees,thighs,hips,abdomen,chest,shoulders,elbow,wrist and finally fingers in a forward thrust locking everything in a fluid motion is the key to the best throw possible.
-Expulsion of breath upon release of the Javelin/Longche helps with aim and muscle control.( A "kiai" or "spirit yell" is even better as it adds strength believe it or not and intimidates/impresses opponent/observers respectively.)
-an old martial arts rule is "you do not know how to do anything until you do it a thousand times" I would add that "5000 times makes you good and 10,000 times makes you an expert." Basically "practice makes perfect"!( I classify myself in between good and expert my friends upon observation and trying to do the same agree )
-These numbers are not an exaggeration "be serious; but have fun seriously!"
Good Luck!
P.S.- I need a video recorder to back up my claims; I will work on this!

[EDIT]: Running actually hurts your form but a skip forward is most helpful (Sorry! I forgot about the running)! :oops:
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Single Combat during the Trojan War - by Astiryu1 - 06-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Re: Single Combat during the Trojan War - by Astiryu1 - 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM