Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources on LEG.X.EQ
Sources on the LEG.X.EQ

Salv?te!

As some of you know, I am gathering re-search for a novel I am currently devising that is based on the experiences of a Centurion (and his legionaries) of the Legio X Equestris.

Unfortunately, I’m somewhat lacking in funds (as I am a student) and can only get my hands on the occasional book to give me sources for my novel. At the moment, my only proper sources (that aren’t on the internet) are:

“Caesar’s Commentaries On The Gallic War & On The Civil War” (2005) Translated by W.A. MacDevitt , El Paso Norte Press, Texas.

“Warrior: Roman Legionary 58 BC – AD 69” (2003) by R. Cowan, Osprey Publishing, Oxford.

“Caesar’s Invasion Of Britain” (1978), P.B. Ellis, Orbis Publishing Limited, London.

“History Of Rome” (1978), M. Grant, Weidenfeld and Nicolson, London.

“For The Glory Of Rome: A History of Warriors and Warfare” (2007) by R. Cowan, Greenhill Books/Lionel Leventhal Ltd, London.

“Campaign: Pharsalus 48 BC: Caesar and Pompey – Clash of the Titans” (2006) by S. Sheppard, Osprey Publishing, Oxford.

“Caesar’s Legions: The Roman Soldier 753 BC to 117 AD” (2000) by N.V. Sekunda, S. Northwood and M. Simkins, Osprey Publishing, Oxford.

Are there any others sources that would be useful? I was previously considering to buy "Caesar's Legion: The Epic Saga of Julius Caesar's Elite Tenth Legion and the Armies of Rome," by Stephen Dando-Collins. However, I shant think what fellow Roman enthusiasts would think...

I'm looking for things that will give me accurate, source-based, information on the Legio X Equestris as I want to write something that is as accurate as possible.

Grazie e Buona Fortuna!

Lorenzo.
Lorenzo Perring-Mattiassi/Florivs Virilis

COHORS I BATAVORUM M.C.R.P.F

Messages In This Thread
Sources on LEG.X.EQ - by LvpvsRomanvs - 03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Re: Sources on LEG.X.EQ - by Nathan Ross - 03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Re: Sources on LEG.X.EQ - by LvpvsRomanvs - 03-20-2010, 08:41 AM