Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for a series of Novels (again)
Quote:I don't want to start some polemic, but isn't the whole Alesia, Brittons, Gauls, Germanics, Caesar, Augustus, Marcus Aurelius, Commodus etc, quite overdone by now? As a reader I really feel no wish to read yet another book covering the same subjects, regions of the Empire and the usual suspects all over again. I understand that these themes are quite popular, specially for the anglo-saxon world, but can't we get something else by now? Maybe the Dacian Wars, or the republican period in Iberia?

Don't take this personaly, but I would be quite ready to read something fresh instead of the same things recycled yet again.

I'm actually starting to plan something on the Dacian wars now. Initially I wasn't going to consider it, but your right, there's nothing based on this period that I've found, everything is either on Caesar, Ausgustus, Roman Britain and Aurelius/Commodus. I want this book to be quite unique. It's going to be hard but I'm really going to commit myself.

My legion of choice will most probably be Legio XXX Ulpia Traiana Victrix. I'm planning it already (as I have to have compleed it by next year). I will probably be attempting to incorporate some scenes from Trajan's column into my work e.g. the German auxiliaries' battle with the Dacians and Sarmatians, the construction of the fort and the torture of Roman prisoners. It's going to be pretty brutal too, not over the top though. Hopefully everything will go well. I will begin writing it around the 11th of June!

I'm sorry for the late reply, guys, I've been away in Switzerland and on top of that I had to do ALOT of work when I got back.
Lorenzo Perring-Mattiassi/Florivs Virilis

COHORS I BATAVORUM M.C.R.P.F

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ideas for a series of Novels (again) - by LvpvsRomanvs - 05-09-2010, 03:07 PM