Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Centurion\' Neil Marshall\'s new film
Hi Kevin

Quote:Agora i thought was a much better film than Centurion tho, in terms of story and keeping your attention...

I certainly agree there and with your comment about the expressions of actors faces, to the one you mentioned I could add the look on the face of Prefect Orestes as Archbishop Cyril delivers his sermon!

My main niggle with Centurion was that the main names, places and dates mentioned in the film looked like they had been the result of a Google search on Roman Scotland and were just thrown in for good measure. However with the building of Hadrian's Wall being shown it meant they were all inappropriate and something which would have taken 30 seconds to change and get right without damaging the story. Otherwise there were many effective scenes and too many throats being cut to get bored!

To an earlier comment that it did not appear right for a general to mix with his troops I would also agree. I doubt many Emperor's would like their officers to get too pally with the troops but it is the sort of thing you would expect from the likes of an Antony or a Carracalla. To this I would add that I very much doubt a Governor's wife would serve drinks!

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Messages In This Thread
Re: \'Centurion\' Neil Marshall\'s new film - by Graham Sumner - 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome: Empire of the Eagles 753BC - AD 476 by Neil Faulkner Narukami 19 6,957 04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Narukami