Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Centurion\' Neil Marshall\'s new film
Saw it last night, on the first night it was on in the UK. I have to say that while in places it was excellent, overall I was underwhelmed (3 stars out of 5). There were many historical inaccuracies that grated, but it wasn't that. I think it was just the story didn't quite catch me.
(The biggest inaccuracy for me - and I know that lots of members here will pick up far more than me, not least because I write about the Republican period - was the legate of the Ninth Legion (Dominic West) armwrestling and drinking with his men in an inn or similar establishment, and then being aggressively and repeatedly challenged to another bout by what looked like a low ranker. I mean what? Even if the legate had been present in the inn, any soldier who addressed a legate like that would have been flogged/crucified/killed for such insolence.)
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks

Messages In This Thread
\'Centurion\' Neil Marshall\'s new film - by Ben Kane - 04-24-2010, 01:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome: Empire of the Eagles 753BC - AD 476 by Neil Faulkner Narukami 19 6,957 04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Narukami