Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye candy for the terminally romanised
<em>We are lucky that you like the site, and I'm very pleased to meet you, Mr. Bishop! While studying "Provinzialroemische Archaeologie" at Freiburg, I (very) often had to work with your studies.</em><br>
<br>
Well I think <em>we</em> owe <em>you</em> a big 'thank you' for that site - a great example of what the web can be used for.<br>
<br>
<em>We plan to post an English localization of our site - but this will still take some time (no fear - the translation it is not my task). And we want to post the films as avi-files, so one can use windows media-player. It seems, the installation of the Quicktime-Player (Apple) is somehow too cirumstantial to some users.</em><br>
<br>
Windows - what's that? For Linux users like me AVIs are much friendlier than the many flavours of Quicktime. MPEGs are smaller for dial-up, though!<br>
<br>
<em>And we are in fact working and testing with realtime-engines to make interactive high-level-walkthroughs possible.</em><br>
<br>
Is this anything like the Marktbreit granary walkthroughs at the Rosenheim exhibition? I have only seen the stills in the catalogue but they looked very impressive - and those must be several years old now (I think they used the Quake II engine, but I could be wrong). Actually I am currently involved in a project that is looking into using such walkthroughs in a rather unusual way, so perhaps we need to talk ;-)<br>
<br>
<em>At the moment we work at a huge project - a high-end-visualization of the castrum of Aalen for the Limesmuseum Aalen, which will be shown in Autumn 2005.</em><br>
<br>
Gurgle, gurgle... !<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Messages In This Thread
great site! - by Anonymous - 04-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Re: Eye candy for the terminally romanised - by Anonymous - 04-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Re: Eye candy for the terminally romanised - by mcbishop - 04-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Re: Eye candy for the terminally romanised - by Anonymous - 05-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Re: Eye candy for the terminally romanised - by Anonymous - 05-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Re: Eye candy for the terminally romanised - by Anonymous - 11-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Wow! - by Anonymous - 11-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Re: Wow! - by Anonymous - 11-13-2004, 05:32 PM