Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beard slams Hawass over Rosetta Stone
Quote:“I halted the Louvre museum’s excavations until they return five Egyptian paintings which they did, and so far 5,000 artifacts have been returned from around the world,” he said, adding that he’s also working for the return of five unique pieces, such as the Nefertiti bust and a Rosetta stone in London’s museum. “I’ve centered by demand on Nefertiti’s bust.”

From Hawass in that article about the stone...

I'm really quite alarmed by these ransom demands that the nutter is instigating! - Most Egyptians are not really interested in the Dynastic heritage of their country, they much prefer to see the preservation of coptic and islamic heritage which are much more tangible to them. I was speaking to the Manchester Museums Head of Egyptology and she had told me of some of the run in's she has had with Hawass whilst working out there. He is quite open to bribery apparently when it comes to some of the permits for project consent/excavation

(This is only hearsay however, I cannot attest to it being true as I have never worked in Egypt myself)
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beard slams Hawass over Rosetta Stone - by Cheyenne - 02-07-2010, 05:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A world without Zahi Hawass... Jona Lendering 21 4,429 11-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Exit Zahi Hawass, again Jona Lendering 2 945 07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Exit Zahi Hawass Jona Lendering 18 3,782 04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Philippos II