Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beard slams Hawass over Rosetta Stone
Henk,

Bickering? useless yammering to the mods? Is that all you have? That is interesting considering that after your post on the Calchide armor, the thread was closed. I wonder why that was? Perhaps because after your comments about Italian archaelogy the thread was going sour and to avoid further retaliation it was cut down? How is your insight on this one?

I do not really need a history lesson from you. I think that since I am professor of chemistry I have and can handle this on my own.

I did not say you were an ass. Try to read correctly: more respectful towards Italy not an ass. Do you see me saying: You are an ass? It simply means do not become one since it is apparent that you are educated. How is your insight on this one? Is this a better explanation?

Omerta' ? That is quite funny that you should use such a term. However, on a forum, dialogue dies when problems arise and impasses are made as was the case with the bell cap. Dialogue does not die on a forum because someone is asked to bite their tongue.

You say you like Italians. Great I am happy for you. However, I do not care if you do or do not. I am not trying to suggest or convert people into liking Italians. All I am saying is that if you do not, keep it to yourself. You say that you do, fabulous. From now on, I will know and when I think that your remarks regarding Italy as you did in the other post, are off color, I will just say to myself, this guy likes Italians.

As far as being more out there than Hawass, that is you opinion and when I want to hear your opinion about me, I will ask you for it. As far as you saying that I lack insight throughout your post I think that you are hardly in ANY position to talk to me about insight.

Anyway, back to the post. Matt, when I read that article where ZH just denied that anything new was known it reminded me of when I was doing research early in my career. I remember asking a well known chemist why I was not getting the yield he reported from a chemical reaction. I did not receive a response for several weeks. Finally, I received an e-mail where he said a student in his group did it and he did not know where the data was and could not help me out. So much for scientists and academicians saying or reporting something and magically the data when asked is no longer available or can be found.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beard slams Hawass over Rosetta Stone - by Doc - 12-13-2009, 12:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A world without Zahi Hawass... Jona Lendering 21 4,433 11-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Exit Zahi Hawass, again Jona Lendering 2 947 07-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Exit Zahi Hawass Jona Lendering 18 3,784 04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Philippos II