Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Tunic - Stitching and weave help
Hello Tim

Quote:Graham Sumner has produced an excellent and in my opinion near exhaustive, and objective study of colour, but I do not feel has really thrashed out weaves and stitching.

Thanks, however remember I am an illustrator not a weaver so excuse the bias. I presume you are after first century Legionary tunics etc..for Northern Europe? Sadly not much to go on so you have to look further afield and generally to later periods as Claire will show you. However if you want to be as accurate as possible then it is best not to rush and do some research of your own before starting. Try tracking down the articles by Hero Granger Taylor listed in my Bibliography. Also look for the articles on the Nahal Hever tunics.

Winter gear in the main seems to consist of more of everything so you can have under, as well as over cloaks. But if you want accurate designs for these sadly they do not exist. The best ideas for paenula cloaks are those shown in the articles I have suggested.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Military Tunic - Stitching and weave help - by Graham Sumner - 11-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Period Stitching Andy 10 2,548 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Steve H