Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herculaneum soldier article in Ancient Warfare
Hi Graham
You and Raffaele are to be congratulated for the article on the Herculaneum soldier. I cannot recall where one article has produced more trains of thought.

How on earth you managed to visualise the belt and vagina structure I do not know presumably without handling the originals.

I for one propose to have a ventrale made and I am sure we shall see a rash of cut down swords in the field.

I was interested to see your alternative structure for the apron. Surely it is odd if the marine lavished so much cash on his kit but left half the apron uncovered and still representing a bit of a nuisance about ship. On the other hand the short apron is normally seen as Trajanic.

Chris Haines was pleased to see the reference to the orange wool.
Quod imperatum fuerit facimus et ad omnem tesseram parati erimus

Messages In This Thread
Re: Herculaneum soldier article in Ancient Warfare - by derek forrest - 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Ancient Warfare - Which Thema would like? Daritus 2 1,327 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  Ancient Warfare Magazine / Back Issues Len Campey 2 1,470 07-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Len Campey
  Ancient Warfare XI-2: On the cusp of empire! Praefectusclassis 3 2,399 05-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding