Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD 9 2000th Anniversary Event in New Ulm, Minnesota
Kevair,
I'm new to the forum, and joined mainly to reply to your post about the New Ulm event. If you're looking for barbarians to fight, I'd suggest contacting the local Shires of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). I'm sure you're familiar with the SCA, but maybe you didn't think to let them know about the event. The closest shire to New Ulm is Rivenwood Tower, in Mankato, about a half hour from New Ulm. The next shire would be Nordskogen in Minneapolis, a big one. And Silfren Mere in Rochester would be another one. Sorry I didn't include the links...long day at work and I'm pooped. You'd probably want to contact the Seneschal of the shire.

That way you'd get people who already have kit and garb, and who take historicity seriously...and you could avoid local citizen volunteers with plastic helmets and Death Metal t-shirts.

I hope to be there as a merchant , selling my medieval leather helmets...this time with wings on them. Aargh! But look at the statue of Hermann and you'll see a winged helmet. Okay, I'm mercenary enough to compromise with that. See my stuff at "http://leatherhelms.com". Nothing there for Romans, though.

Looks like this event is going to be a big deal.

Regards, Doug Lais

Messages In This Thread
Re: AD 9 2000th Anniversary Event in New Ulm, Minnesota - by douglaslais - 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Re: AD 9 2000th Anniversary Event in New Ulm, Minnesota - by Tonyrajer - 08-07-2009, 09:08 PM