Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War- Battle strategies
People love me now! I'm playing as the Julii and my leader is Decimus Polibyus, but now he has a new name due to his many blood drenched, barbarian blood drenched, campaigns. Decimus the Killer. I am on the verge of controling northern Europe, the Britons and the Germans exist mearly for me to exploit, the people of Pontus bow to my will, and Parthia is outliving its usefulness. Oh, and Spain soon lives, so long as it keeps gold coming my way and wagging its tongue in anger at my enemies :twisted:

The reason for my sucess? A mercenary supportred legion. My core is three units of mercenary hoplites, supported by one Praetorian cohort. These men are given missile support by a singular Creatan archer unit and several Peltast units. I have my leader and his guard who are supported by two alae of Sarmatians who are in turn supported by five Scythian horse-archers. I've taken, what? fifteen casualties a battle, spread far and wide across the units, and those casualties are easily replaced. The people love my defeating of the barbarians far from my heartlands but the Senate doesn't approve of my mercenary task force I call, Greek Fire and Barbarian Steel. Together, they form a sword blade strong enough to take all comers. Also I am building two legions made entirely of family members, Praetorian Cavalry and Cohorts, and Urban Cohorts. These are on my Italian border and stand ready to sweep south and conquer Roma.
Nicholas

Messages In This Thread
Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by marvises - 04-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - by Nearco - 04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by Nearco - 05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by Nearco - 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategies - by ArthuroftheBritons - 06-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Re: Rome Total War- Battle strategeys - by edward benedict - 02-04-2012, 05:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,324 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,951 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 93,176 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67