Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working on an triumvirate impression
Quote:I would think that the best type of sword to go for around the Triumvirate period might well be the Ceasarian, for when we consider the Mainz this is going to thro' things up to about the mid 1st Century AD if the Fulham is any thing to go by. Then the question of the Preatorians having early republican Shields is covered by Connolly where I think he mentions these guys having a dress uniform as well as legionary gear for battle. Then for anyone who want's to wear a two belt arrangement it does look so much better on Hamata, with of course a Coolus style of Helmet or even a Monti'

But what exactly is the Caesarian? A Hispaniensis by another name? Or a totally different sword? I always thought it was just a name for the hipaniensis used during
the period Caesar was active in, perhaps with a crossover to the Mainz creeping into the design? If that makes any sense...
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
Re: Working on an triumvirate impression - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-28-2009, 02:26 PM