Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maille During the Time of Darius I
Quote:For the qualifications I only consider the superficial shape of the body and not the construction, since we are often left in the dark about that with almost all tube-and-yoke representations and examples we have anyway.

I could be wrong, but the construction of every yoke I have seen indicates that the neck guard is never wider than the space between the shoulder flaps. I assume this is because the neck guard is simply a flap of the material left when the pattern of the yoke is cut out, thus it cannot be wider than the gap between the shoulder flaps.

In the images posted you can see that the neck guard is wider than the head. This means that the shoulder flaps would have to be wider than the head, leaving an unnacceptable amout of neck uncovered. To me this implies a different method of construction.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Maille During the Time of Darius I - by Lepidina - 02-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Re: Maille During the Time of Darius I - by Gregg - 02-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Re: Maille During the Time of Darius I - by PMBardunias - 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darius\' Mercenaries Johnny Shumate 3 1,712 06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr
  Darius III Website Arthes 1 1,240 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Aryaman2