Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atilla.....
Goffredo that must be a coincidence but day before yesterday a french TV channel, I don't remember which one, blessed us with an "Attila" I had not seen before.<br>
And believe me, that was an experience..E EM<br>
To begin with, Attila was a nice looking bearded gentleman with blue eyes. Very handsome indeed.<br>
The Romans were dressed in first/second centuries styles, including of course trajanic style military costumes, the usual "Hollywood" leather helmets and armour for officers and so on..<br>
The "barbarians" whoever they were, were invariably dressed in rags, furs and many wore the dreaded (by Tim.. ) horned helmet.<br>
No attempt, however pathetic, was made to recreate the late imperial court dress as it was done in the classic "Attila" with Anthony Quinn, in which, BTW, Aetius manages to lose at the Campi Mauriaci battle..<br>
In this one however, Aetius wins. That was a relief..<br>
Another however is that Aetius has Theodoric, his Wisigoth allied king, assassinated on the field of battle, for some reason, and then feels sorry the Wisigoths leave him to go back to their land. Funny how script writers have a way of over simplifying complicated matters, and over-complicating simple ones.<br>
Of course Attila ends up poisoned by his new bride. The recorded version would probably have been too anti-climactic..<br>
All in all, a good 55 minutes of hilarity.<br>
55 minutes because I didn't actually watch the whole thing. I ain't no hero either.. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=antoninuslucretius>Antoninus Lucretius</A> at: 4/18/02 12:25:56 pm<br></i>

Messages In This Thread
Atilla..... - by Gaius Octavius Drusus - 11-25-2001, 09:45 PM
Re: Atilla..... - by Jasper Oorthuys - 11-26-2001, 06:28 AM
inspiration - by Goffredo - 11-26-2001, 01:43 PM
Atilla TV movie: an absolute - by Goffredo - 04-18-2002, 05:52 AM
Re: Atilla TV movie: an absolute - by Anonymous - 04-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Re: Atilla TV movie: an absolute - by Primitivus - 05-19-2006, 01:26 AM
LOL - by Caius Fabius - 05-19-2006, 03:22 AM
Re: Atilla..... - by FAVENTIANVS - 05-19-2006, 03:35 PM