Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To.. wear the Pugio and Gladius (belts, fasteners)
Quote:The sword pommel should be in the region of the armpit Jim, that's why I say that it appears no one has ever truely considered the baldric...
Yes, we did 8) My baldric is intentionally short so that the sword hangs high. The baldric only goes from the top ring to the top ring, and the sword does not go anywhere at all during the movement. I cannot afford that, having my both hands occupied with the signum Smile
Quote:This is where my theory is that a balric only went from top ring to top ring, with a separate strap going from a bottom ring on the scabbard to such a ring on a beltplate. The ESG have for years now shown a stupid system of the waistbelt going thro' the badric that puts the sword low on the hip that can't be correct.
Notice that I do not wear belt at all. I think the point of having the sword higher up is to prevents it from moving around, and no other straps/rings are necessary. This is not to say that no one had them.
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati

Messages In This Thread
Re: How To.. wear the Pugio and Gladius (belts, fasteners) - by M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER - 12-08-2008, 09:51 PM
standards - by derek forrest - 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Belt for Pugio and Gladius 66kbm 3 2,612 05-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  guttman gladius whit pugio munazio planco 7 2,351 09-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Last Post: munazio planco
  Gladius and pugio munazio planco 3 1,622 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: d.carmichael