Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check These oot, Min! New helmets from E. Konig!!
Quote:

Quote:Changing subject to the C, I can't help worry that the ears would
be the prime target for the long sword wielding woolly buggers we would face while conquering Gaul!

none of the seven Gallic A's I'm aware of ever had them, nor the helmet HRR classified as a Gallic B. :wink:

twisted:

What!! You saying they never had ears!! Tongue

I am just going by the description of how the afore mentioned Gauls (woolly buggers) wielded their swords, which makes me think of over head chopping,,,hence ears getting sliced off as the sword scrapes down the side of your helmet....should they be lucky enough to get that blow in.... :wink:

I agree too that to make a repro of a helmet it is better to make it to the best of the knowledge available to you..but then also cannot help feel that 'well at least there will be some variation to them'....

I imagine if you were to specify the desire to have the helmet follow the lines of Brians masterpiece, he would probably do it that way too.....

The thing is, no two would have been the same back then, so while I would love to be the proud owner of Brians (Docs) helmet, I also would
not want too many other people running about in an exact copy....then and now! But regardless, I too was wondering about the guard, but am still dribbling about these new helmets!

I wonder why the Batavian dumped it over board....hmmmmm :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
Re: Check These oot, Min! New helmets from E. Konig!! - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-20-2008, 10:33 PM